Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this computer capable of running Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

The computer is a HP Mini 1116NR, Product: HP Mini 1000

Can I run Windows 7 on this? Can it handle Windows 7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

It probably could but it would be freezing a lot and be really slow. I don't generally recommend Windows 7 on computers with less than 2 GB of RAM and less than a 2 GHz CPU. You could try a low usage Linux distro like Lubuntu. It is very lightweight and should run pretty fast on your little notebook. Tell me if you would like to do this and I'll guide you through all the steps.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

Louis

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

I have an Acers Aspire a A110 1.6 atom with one gig of ram that came with XP, I put 7 on it awhile back it did run a little slow not a noticeable difference for XP plus everything worked fine.  I would say if you have 32 bit 7 disk go for it, if you are happy with it when done up the ram to 2 gigs.  I also have an Acer AOD255 1.6 atom it came with 7 home on it, was a dog until I put 2 gigs in to it.  Both are running just fine, in fact the AOD255 may get an SSD in place of its 250 gig spinner the A110 has the tiny 8 gig SSD just like yours.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users