Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Having Problems With Macromedia Flash

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 vinnie_vegas

vinnie_vegas

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hello. I seem to be having a lot of problems with Macromedia Flash and Shockwave Player recently.

As you know, a lot of sites out there require Flash and I cannot access them for the past 2 days. I first noticed it when I was on www.youtube.com. I tried repairing it in the add/delete programs section and that never worked. I tried downloading it again from the actual Macromedia site, and they wouldn't let me download it. I even removed the old copy from my system and tried to re-install it but that never worked.

I am also having a hard-time accessing videos online using media player. It keeps on saying "Connecting to media..." I can however access movies already saved to my hard-drive.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Vinnie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

I am not clear what you mean by "they wouldn't let me download it." Did you get some sort of error message? Does Macromedia require that you uninstall Flashplayer before installing it again?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 vinnie_vegas

vinnie_vegas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

I went on the Macromedia website to download Flash again, and there should be an Active-X bar popping up at the top when I download...but it never pops up? I'm not able to download it from their site for some odd reason. I have also tried this before and after un-installing the orginal version of Flash.

I'm assuming I have some sort of virus?

Thanks

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

Have you tried this page?

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

EDIT-

If nothing happens after about ten seconds,click the Refresh button in the Toolbar.

Edited by medab1, 14 July 2006 - 06:44 PM.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:04 PM

Since this isn't HJT area, I will say it looks like you need to update java.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:11 AM

vinnie_vegas.

I removed you HJT log from here, as this is not the proper forum for it.

I see you have a HJT log posted in the proper forum.
You shouldn't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users