Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ars Technica report on Comcast data caps

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

Click here for the article.  It's news to me.  In Houston there are no data caps, or at least none I know of.  Two years ago they lifted them. If this article is true they will be imposing data caps again.  Elsewhere in the forum I reported that Comcast had no caps, so felt the need to post this apparent 'correction'.

If Comcast will be doing it, so will others.  Looks like the approach is to have X amount per month 'free' (included in your subscription), then charge extra for going over the limit.

This will matter a lot since Windows 10 updates are mandatory and large.. and slow.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users