Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading problem after Windows 10 Upgrade, please help!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ijustinjoyit

ijustinjoyit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

After installing Windows 10, my downloads have all been interrupted after a few minutes, regardless of what browser I use, and the internet connection does not seem like the issue. I've noticed that the download speed is significantly faster than before (previously around 2 mb/s, now about 6-7mb/s). The trouble has been for larger files, as smaller ones download so quickly that it does not have time to disconnect. I've read that it's possible that the boost in speed could be causing the disconnected downloads, but I don't know how to fix it. I've tried using a download manager to limit download speed but that has not worked. 

Any other thoughts as to why this is happening, or, more importantly, how I can fix it?? Being unable to download is quite crippling! Thanks in advance.

Edit: The computer was custom made by a friend, so I'm not sure about the make.

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core, 2.7 GHz

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Edited by ijustinjoyit, 17 August 2015 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

Your computer make & specs plus software you have will help.

#3 ijustinjoyit

ijustinjoyit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Your computer make & specs plus software you have will help.

Thanks for responding. Added some info, what software specifically should I also mention? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users