Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Swf.Exploit.CVE_2015_3102

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 angelfire4xx

angelfire4xx

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hi, I have OS X 10.8.5 on a Macbook Air, with Firefox 39.0.3, latest version of Flash and ClamXav antivirus. In the last couple of weeks ClamXav gives me this virus alert every time I access the Paypal login page:

Swf.Exploit.CVE_2015_3102

ClamXav say there is no danger to my system and they can't reproduce the problem but it occurs every time. I'm concerned there is an infection on my system which is generating the virus files everytime I access the Paypal login page.

I don't normally use Safari but I just tried using it to go to Paypal login and got a popup telling me to update MS Silverlight. I was suspicious so I ignored it and did a spotlight search on Silverlight on my system. There was only an inactive Firefox Silverlight plugin and a file called plupload.silverlight.js residing in a wp-includes/js/ Wordpress directory.

Is this suspect? Any clues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Have you run a full scan of your hard drive with ClamXav to see if it spots anything when doing a full scan?

You could also try downloading and running a scan with MBAM for Mac:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

And as noted in the ClamXav post that I found (https://www.clamxav.com/BB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4169&start=15), you can send the offending file to ClamXav for them to take a look at:

https://www.clamxav.com/faq.php#Q14

FWIW, like the person on the ClamXav forums, I could not replicate the virus warning with either Firefox or Safari on my Mac. A couple of differences though...I am running Mac OS 10.9.5 on this Mac, I use VirusBarrier rather ClamXav, I have Firefox 40.0.2 and Flash 18.0.0.232. The differences in program versions might be related to the different Mac OS version that I am running.

Edited by smax013, 18 August 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#3 angelfire4xx

angelfire4xx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

Hi Smax013, thanks so much for this. (Sorry I only saw your reply yesterday.) The problem seems to be linked to a Firefox profile file and though I deleted it, that didn't solve the problem. I did what you suggested and MBAM did find some adware which I deleted. It didn't solve the problem but MBAM's help files suggested a full deletion and reinstallation of Firefox. The problem is gone for now - hope it stays away! Thanks again :-)

Edited by angelfire4xx, 22 August 2015 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users