Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Issues, Black screen/BSOD/Sound NVIDA ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stickyickyooo

stickyickyooo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hello,

I'm currently having issues with my PC in terms of gaming. I can prime95 and test RAM all day with zero issues. The computer currently has a small OC applied to the processer with the heat well within range. PC never encounter any type of thermal issues while OC or gaming. But recently this problem has come along and stumped me for 2 days straight. If possible can I get assistance with this matter? I first realized the issue while playing Starcraft 2. It happened once on the first day, didn’t think nothing of it; randomly the screen turned black and the computer rebooted and asked which mode I want to boot? I thought to myself maybe it was a small glitch and it played fine for the rest of the day. Second day the problem became more noticable. Sometimes within starcraft 2 it would happen after a couple of hours. Tried rolling back PC to last known good configuration and booted up the PC. Started playing graphic intense games Assassins Creed Unity and Warframe. Within minutes PC crashed and crashed over and over. Reinstalled GPU driver’s still same issue tried manually wiping GPU driver off and reinstalling with clean fresh slate, same issue. I've attached quite a bit of data that should be able to help you point me in the right direction.

*Yes I do have anti-virus and malware-unsure as to why it's popping up and I've tried to solve the service issue under the Perform info with zero luck*

OS -  7-64
· What was original installed OS on system? 7-64
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Had a Korean-American build it for me (I'm in South Korea)
· Age of system (hardware)- Less than 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Have not reinstalled OS, I say all together it's about 7-8 months old with the equipment

· CPU - AMD FX8320E (Don't get one they suck) Skylake here I come!
· Video Card - 2 Nvida 980's in SLI
· MotherBoard -Sabertooth 990FX
· Power Supply - Antec 1300 HCP Plantium PSU
· Mr. Chong Chong (Not lying here his name is Chong, Chong)
Desktop

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stickyickyooo

stickyickyooo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Some more information for the wonderful individual who is helping me. I tried running Driver Verifier and was amazed at how quick my computer crashed. As soon as the windows 7 logo popped up BSOD, tried it one more time for good measures boom BSOD. These tools are amazing I need to understand how they fuction now.

Attached Files

Edited by stickyickyooo, 17 August 2015 - 07:46 AM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

Please remove the overclock while we're testing.  Feel free to resume it once we're done troubleshooting.

AVG/Avast error in the perfmon report.  Please uninstall them.

Use Microsoft Security Essentials while we're testing.

It's free here:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

The Driver Verifier errors blame Avast - so uninstalling it is the correct step here.

Turn Driver Verifier off and see if the BSOD's have stopped

The rest of the other BSOD's are STOP 0x116 errors (video).

Please follow these troubleshooting suggestions:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It appears that you were sold a system with a pirated copy of Windows.

Please feel free to post back once you've gotten a legal copy.

Here's some suggestions on how to do that:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users