Hello everyone - Will try to keep this to the point.
Wanting new Laptop: gaming with HDMI movies to a 60" 1080p TV
- biggest thing that narrows down the choices is that i want it to be have a touchscreen.
TV: LG Electronics 60PN6500 - http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60PN6500-plasma-tv
(from what i understand, overall)
1) The GTX 960M performs better that the GTX 860M, but isnt as much higher is specs as it could have been, and some prices differences (due to newer release date).
2) The GTX 960M only has 128-Bit, but the GTX 970M and above is quite a bit more expensive at the moment.
3) The 960M should run most games fine, although some may require a lowered resolution to keep higher quality settings.
Will there be any issue with quaility using HDMI to the LG 60" TV? (mostly for 720p/1080p movies/trailers streaming, although sometimes for lower requirement games)
Is there a reason why, say, ASUS doesnt offer a lower priced touchscreen, similiar to the Lenovo Y70? (Or perhaps the cost difference strickly based on name brand)
Is the Lenovo Y70 a solid system (Cooling, etc), comparing the ASUS, MSI, and the like?
Is there a performance difference with a Touchsceen to a non-Touchscreen?
Lenovo Y70 17.3-Inch Touchscreen Gaming Laptop (80DU00ESUS) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834319111
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5
- 4th Generation Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60GHz)
- 16GB Memory 256GB SSD
- 17.3" Touchscreen 1920 x 1080
- 16.65" x 11.44" x 1.02" 7.48 lbs.
- External DVD+/-RW
I believe that covers all, tried to keep it short: let me know if more is needed.
Thank you for your time
Edited by daic, 16 August 2015 - 11:52 PM.