Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having serious issues with a mfc120u.dll problem....help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LegalEnvy

LegalEnvy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

I am a music producer that uses Ableton, and I went to start it and I got this pop-up message:

Attached File  Capture.PNG   15.86KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

Probably can't help too much but on a few occasions I was missing .dll's.I googled the .dll and found a site where I could download it.

Worked for me,hope it helps.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:25 AM

See this Ableton fix.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/missing-dll/

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 August 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:25 AM

Do you have a backup of the original Ableton program?  It should have that mfc120u.dll in its program disk/list/website/store.  Or, relaunch the original program installer and select 'repair'.  That's a procedure a lot of programs use, so likely Ableton has it also.

Aha, JohnC_21 has a better answer. :clapping:

Yours cannot be the first computer this has happened to.  It happens all the time with MS programs from the 1990's in more modern machines.

Edited by brainout, 17 August 2015 - 09:26 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#5 LegalEnvy

LegalEnvy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

Thank you very much everyone that commented! I was able to reinstall the executing file and then road it into ableton. Works like a charm now. I cannot thank you all enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users