Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Batch input/output

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

I just now noticed FreeBooter's excellent idea.  On my old earthlink.net web site, I simply uploaded DOCs, TXTs, ZIPs, along with their respective hot links, How do we do that in this forum?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (sevenforums)

Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup... -- RockE (Windows Secrets Lounge)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thanks RolandJS are those uploaded DOCs, TXTs and Zip archive contain instructions and batch scripts?
For batch script if its not very long script we can posted here at BC for long batch scrip codes we can paste the batch script codes to PasteBin website and give the link for the script codes at Paste bin of course if its allowed by BC rules.

Edited by FreeBooter, 27 July 2016 - 11:45 AM.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#18 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

I think BC should have forum for Batch Scripting and Powershell scripting.

- Dalai Lama

#19 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,293 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

My earthlink.net web site is long gone; hmmm, my Google [My]Drive has my current Windows & DOS freebies directory.  I have nothing to sell in that directory.  By Windows, I mean batch files, autoexec.bat, config.sys -- stuff I created that runs under Windows.  There is nothing at all from Microsoft in that directory.

** Admin/Mod staff -- is it still improper to share self-made batchfiles and other configuration files?  If so, advise.  If not any longer improper, may we share self-made batchfiles and other configuration files? **

Edited by RolandJS, 27 July 2016 - 02:55 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup... -- RockE (Windows Secrets Lounge)

#20 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Once i have given link to my batch scripts uploaded at my DropBox account and moderator warn me not to give any download link to any file sharing website i thing Google Drive is also could be considered as file sharing storage site.

- Dalai Lama

#21 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,293 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Once i have given link to my batch scripts uploaded at my DropBox account and moderator warn me not to give any download link to any file sharing website i thing Google Drive is also could be considered as file sharing storage site.

Thanks for the heads up!  I removed my link pronto!

Edited by RolandJS, 27 July 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#22 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

You are welcome before you have move your link i had a look and tell you the true i have start using Google Drive just few weeks ago so i have no idea how to check out the content of all the folders you have shared i double click there is nothing within those shared folders.

- Dalai Lama

#23 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,293 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Did you see the folder DRN?  If so, inside of that folder was a few of my batchfiles.  However, now we must find a better way to share our goodies with the BC public.  I'm waiting for any admin/mod person to tell us how we can share our goodies.

#24 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Yes i so the DRN folder but don't remember double clicking this folder but other folders  double clicked was empty. Well maybe we should ask admin personally on how to share batch scripts we created i have shared four of my batch scripts i have created at Microsoft Windows Mini-Guides forum but there is no option to upload and attach batch script to your thread at Microsoft Windows Mini-Guides forum i have attached my batch scripts my threads because they were already uploaded to BC server i use the My Media option to attach the batch scripts. I have ask Grinler about a program i have created which is created with batch script and few utilities created by other programmers i have use batch file to executable file converter to create the program i ask Grinler if i can share this file download link and youtube video i have created to demonstrate program does work to speed up Windows and network connections hoping he will reply to me soon. Only issue with my program for some reason some antivirus program thnk its trojan or harmful program which is false positive what is funny is i have created two programs containing same contents but some reason 64-bit version of my program usually has the false positive report i have submitted my program to few of the antivirus programs to be checked again and lot of the antivirus vendors has inform me they will release a new definition and add add exception to my program as its not a malware but a false positive result lot of them stick with there promise.

- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users