Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacked? Not sure what's going on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zanadoon

Zanadoon

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

I'm having huge problems.  Even attempting to login to this site an error flashed that I wasn't authorized.  Last night after trying to read up on things, I attempted logout of this site and a popup occurred  (this is where it gets weird).  The popup was cartoonish - It had a little guy at a desk and the lights went out.. (I thought this was a joke)  when the lights went out, he turned on a flashlight, looked around and hit a big red button on the wall.  Then a web address popped up in that same window after the cartoon was finished.  I did Not click on that web address and sadly I didn't write it down either.   No kidding.   About 2 weeks ago my Battlenet game client loading screen did not load the usual clickable screen that would take you to battle.net website.  Instead, it stated >>>   "Oh no, we couldn't find what we wanted to show you!  (some weird characters inserted like a phrase)  We'll keep looking.  Check back later"!   Really?  what is this?    I'm trying to think back and I might have clicked on  "You need to update the Adobe Flash"      I do not recall which site I was on.

For the last couple of days Blizzard has been trying to lead me through some things to do, but it's not working so here I am.

So, I had PC Matic on..  I uninstalled it.  I uninstalled Adobe Flash, and battlenet.   I went into %ProgramData% and deleted all Battlenet and Blizzard folders.   I emptied the recycle bin, the turned the computer off and turned it back on. I then updated all of my windows files (hadn't done it in a long time and it wasn't on automatic).  I updated all of them, optional and important.   I had to reboot several times.  I then d/l and ran Rkill.  Then d/l and ran Malwarebytes.  Then Adwcleaner.  Adwcleaner did find 2 items to take care of.    I reinstalled battlenet and lo and behold it's still there.    I went through this whole process again and installed Firefox to use as my browser.   Stupid window in Battlenet is still there.  So frustrating and worrisome also because of my bank sites I've logged into.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.  Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

Welcome to BC !

You can get an expert opinion and help for removing malware by following the directions below. Once you have posted the new topic

DO NOT bump it....wait for a response which could be several days.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Zanadoon

Zanadoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

Okay,  I followed the directions in the Prep guide and posted a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware Removal.  It is titled: 

Battlenet browser screen replaced with msg and coding; freq popups for Flash      I will followup on the topic under the new location.  Thank you ;)

This one can be closed out

Edited by Zanadoon, 16 August 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

Zanadoon is being helped at Battlenet browser screen replaced with msg and coding; freq popups for Flash - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users