Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU 50%-100%, Compaq Presario CQ62 soooo slow!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayRosa

JayRosa

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'm helping a friend clean up her computer, from malware, viruses, to performance. I've done full scans with AVG and Malware Bytes, while also eliminating many unnecessary programs. The computer has improved 100% but I'm still struggling with single tasks such as opening Google Chrome, or Disk Defrag, for it takes 1-2 min. for them to open. Last night I couldn't even open Disk Defrag... Any suggestions? I could really use a bit of help. Also, there is only 2gb of RAM so it could very well be why everything is delayed...
My personal computer runs two 4GB ram sticks so Its not exactly something I should even compare it with.

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2015 - 11:01 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Celestial One

Celestial One

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

I'd advise you to just have her save her personal files on a flash drive, and reinstall the operating system from scratch. You don't know how many files have been corrupted, it might take just as long to fix them as it is to do a total reinstall.

Edited by Celestial One, 16 August 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#3 Jtiger360

Jtiger360

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

http://www.howtogeek.com/107280/the-best-tips-for-speeding-up-your-windows-pc/

A+ Certified

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

The scans I've requested that you run can not be run in the Windows forums.  For this reason this topic will be moved to the Am I Infected forum.

Please do the following.

You posted that you had run Malwarebytes, please post the log in your topic.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

================

Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).
  •  
  • After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.
  • The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.
  • When update is complete, click Malware Scan. When asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, click Yes. Emsisoft Emergency Kit will start scanning.
  • When the scan is completed click Quarantine selected objects. Note:  This option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.  If this is the case select Delete selected.
  • When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.
  • Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop and post the contents in your next reply.
  • When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.

================

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

================

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 17 August 2015 - 09:28 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users