Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 turns PC on after sleep

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

So when I go somewhere, like today, I sleep my computer until I get back. Lately it has been turning back on after a while sleeping. Today I left the house around 8:45am and slept the PC. I got back at around 12:30pm and the computer was on. This has happened before. What is going on? I do not have Intel Smart Connect installed.

SOLVED: For those people who have this same issue, read the second post.

Edited by gigawert, 16 August 2015 - 02:47 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

You can use the powercfg.exe command to see what devices are allowed to turn on your computer, and disable them if you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122027-devices-allow-prevent-wake-up-computer.html

I'm sure you can find out how to do that yourself from this tutorial :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! :) I'll look at that article.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

No problem. Basically, you only want to leave your keyboard and your mouse in the wake_armed output and remove all the rest.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

I wake up my computer from sleep using the power button, actually. So I disallowed both the keyboard and mouse from being able to wake the system.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

Alright well that's good to know! I usually wake up the computer from hibernation using the power button, but the keyboard or mouse to wake it up from sleep mode.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users