Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome/google privacy issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dadfer

dadfer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Hi

I recently installed Windows 10 and not being satisfied reverted to Windows 7. The remaining problem I have is that if I go to what was my chrome homepage 'www.google.co.uk' I would see a window which said

this connection is not private

or

there is a problem with this website's security certificate  etc

Trawling thru the net came up with one solution ie making sure your date and time were correct  but in my case this did not solve the problem. Even if I access google via a different browser ( IE 11 ) the result is the same. This seems to only affect google -- a complete Anti Virus scan ( Kaspersky ) reveals no threats nor does an AntiMalware scan.

My current course of action has been to dump Chrome and use IE, avoiding any google pages but this is not satisfactory and I would appreciate it if someone could offer a solution

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users