I have been all over the net searching for this issue. I stopped here because over years I have got lots of good intel from Bleeping Computer.Com. I have also went through the othe post here with same problem.Did not want to post in that thread. I have a self built tower
Gigabyte 970A-UD3 mobo
Phenom II 955 BL cpu
Sapphire HD6950 graphics Card
Win 7 Ultimate SP 1 x64, all updates,legit.
Here's what I have tried: Tweaking.com all in one 3.4.1(newest) ran in safe mode with networking. reset registry permissions; reset file permissions; repair windows update. did this 3 different times. I also ran sfc /scannow from inside that program and with elevated cmp.
There were errors that could not be fixed on first run before I seen the "Tweaking.com program" from here and Microsoft forums I'm thinking re do all and post logs if any one is available to help. I have google drive and now the onedrive.
I have tried many things now for week or so. I had errors on all three pc's. 2 laptops. My laptop that had Windows Ultimate x64 that I put on it because the HP operating system on it was totally screwed from kids using it etc... It had same error, 80070005, on it I restart it and cut everything from software distribution\downloads folder and put in different ex hdd ( just in case). This pc had 14 failed attempts at upgradeing to Windows 10 home.
After the removing all stuff from download folder, a restart along with a elvated cmd to start windows update " wuauclt.exe /updatenow " ( I'm pretty sure that's the command, I was reading it from a post off laptop 1 while fixing laptop 2) it brought up windows update with windows 10. It worked and installed.
I tried that on desktop, didn't work. I been following topic started by "TheDude23112" with Aura helping. If anyone gets a chance I can do just about anything requested of me. Thanks!