Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 having boot and crash problems..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vontroxler

Vontroxler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

I'm having trouble with my PC and was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out what's wrong. I was running a non genuine version of windows 7 ultimate and it got to the point that my desktop background was removed. Occasionally when I played certain games my computer would shut down randomly without any error messages, just shuts off. I assumed this was because my version was not genuine as well. So I bought a key and upgraded to windows 10. It was working fine at first, I've gamed for hours. It's been gradually getting worse over the week, I could browse the web for a couple hours, and then it would just shut off. No blue screen, nothing. It just goes dark (have led lights) and then it will restart it self. It will shut down while restarting and do this a few times until it finally says "windows failed to start correctly" and gives me the trouble shoot options. If I leave it in windows repair for a few minutes it will shut down again as well.

Now, when windows is loading up there is an audible "click" inside the computer and the screen goes black. If anyone could help me trouble shoot this it would be greatly appreciated.

At this point my computer won't try to start windows, it only starts automatic repair.

Was I supposed to update anything along with windows 10? I updated my graphics driver and the windows updates. What about the bios? I'm still rather new at custom PCs.

There's an option to reinstall windows and remove all my applications. Im guessing I should probably try that right? I'm worried it could be hard drive failure.

Here's my build if that helps,
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vontroxler/saved/6VRgXL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Vontroxler

Vontroxler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

I have since used the only restore point I had, which was 8/12 when I uninstalled some random program I didn't need, but also this restore point doesn't have the windows update installed (which I hear some people had a problem with). I managed to create a system repair disc. I'm not updating windows for now and seeing if the problem persists. Right now, everything seems to be fine.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

If you want a nice clean copy of Windows 10...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users