Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update error code 80244019

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ktyure

ktyure

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been having trouble using windows update on my computer. Basically, everytime I try to update I recieve error code 80244019 that states that there was a problem checking for updates and windows could not search for a new update. I googled the error code and on the windows website it said that the most common case is that a virus has turned off my windows update. I ran both my anti-virus program (Trend Micro) and spybot search and destroy but I still have this error. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/windows-update-error-80070422-80244019-or-8ddd0018

Looks like your system should be checked for malware.

Louis

#3 ktyure

ktyure
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Hamluis. I'll do that.

#4 JS10013

JS10013

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:59 PM

While a virus is always possible, I had the same inability to download any  Microsoft updates  either manually or automatically, getting error code 80244019, as of Windows 10 release on 7-29.  I am using windows 8.1.  I don't plan to update to Win 10 for at least several months until, I hope, Microsoft corrects more weirdness, like this, etc.  However, it would be scary not to get any security updates for 8.1 home for an extended period.  Unchecking the "other updates" worked instantly for me to be able to check for the main updates.  If I recheck it, the error code comes back the next time I try to get updates until I uncheck it again. My path in Win 8.1 Home is Control Panel, Windows Update, Change Settings, then, at bottom, uncheck Microsoft Update (other products).

I did spend considerable time researching on the internet since the MS site suggested totally useless solutions and the error code mislead many more knowledgeable on the internet.  MS still has not even acknowledged that Win 10 has broken this,  but I can do without the "other updates" for quite a while since I don't use many of the free "other" programs and none of the paid ones like Word (LibreOffice for me). Why pay extra for problems like this?   Mucho thanks the internet posters who figured out the work around.     JS10013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users