Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building my 1st computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Weylo

Weylo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hello.

I am building my own very first computer with an orange scheme. I am quite the noob in the area so I am basically looking for any tips or advice from here on things I've might've missed or not thought of.

Here is a shopping cart with the things I intend to use, and a picture of the shopping cart:

I live in sweden so the prices are a bit different, but on average (The USD $ is very high atm) 7kr = $1

The total price is about $1,500 - $2,000

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/8316392

https://gyazo.com/3076dc50c704a26f790652cff2375cf6

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT:

I am considering replacing the Hyper 212 with a watercooling of either H80i or H100i, I'm not sure if it's necessary

Edited by Weylo, 16 August 2015 - 07:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

What are you building this for?

All-in-one liquid coolers like the H100i and H80i are only rated to last about 3 years seeing as the pump, hoses, and connectors can fail. Where as the Hyper 212 is just a block of metal so there is nothing really to fail.  If you want longevity that's something to keep in mind. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#3 Weylo

Weylo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

What are you building this for?

All-in-one liquid coolers like the H100i and H80i are only rated to last about 3 years seeing as the pump, hoses, and connectors can fail. Where as the Hyper 212 is just a block of metal so there is nothing really to fail.  If you want longevity that's something to keep in mind. 

It's going to be a gaming computer, which means there will often be high load and thus high cooling demands.

EDIT:

They also have a 5 year warranty.

Edited by Weylo, 17 August 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

It's going to be a gaming computer, which means there will often be high load and thus high cooling demands.

EDIT:

They also have a 5 year warranty.

The 212 is plenty good enough for it. I own the same i5-4690k listed and it's what I have strapped on to keep it running cool. Keeps it well within safe temps to the point where I overclock it when I need the extra power and still be within safe temperatures. 

Though they have 5 year warranties, and they'll replace the cooler if it breaks, if it does break and drips coolant all over the motherboard and other components ruining them, they won't replace those ruined parts. Not something huge to worry about, but it's a personal fear of mine and is why I try to refrain from using them. 

More of my personal preference for air coolers, but there air coolers that do perform just as good as any 120mm all-in-one liquid coolers. Namely the Scythe Ninja 3/4 and the Noctua nh-d15/d14 as examples. Again though they are personal preferences on air over liquid cooling.  

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

I agree the 212 should be fine.  The Fan heatsink coolers used to be really horrible when compared to a water cooled system.  And nowadays they learned machine lapping and other techniques to make them much better.  I did build a water cooled system that I recently retired with a core 2 duo in it that was Oc'd to 3.3 ghz.  And it lasted me over 7 years.  But the system I built recently has a heatsink/fan on it.  They have come a long way and are at least in the same realm of cooling ability.  Unlike when I first started building systems.  And unless your going to cool the gpu with the cpu with the water cooling... Just cooling the cpu doesn't seem like enough.

#6 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

I can not stress how much you do not need water cooling unless you are going EXTREME overclocking.

A good HSF can easily keep your CPU at normal temps even under 100% load. 

Besides most games are not really "hard" on your CPU its the GPU that takes all the heat.

I Love Lamp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users