Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

you tube blank screen but audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeanines

jeanines

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:11 AM

Hey there, I am savy AT ALL about this kind of stuff. So here goes. I have WinXP Home Edition Version 2 Special Pack 3. I use Firefox as my browser and Google search engine (maybe stating the obvious!!!) but also have Chrome.

About a week ago, whenever I watch you tube videos, after about 15mins the screen goes blank (if I move mouse it comes back up) but there is audio. I have googled for help but just not getting there.

So HELP anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2015 - 06:47 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hi jeanines and welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome:

Click on Start, and select Control Panel.

In Control Panel select Display.

In the Display Properties window that opens, select the Screen Saver tab.

In the "Wait" box, increase the number to the number of minutes you would like the screen to remain active for. I suggest 60 minutes.

Click the Apply button.

Now click the Power button, and in the Power Options Properties window that opens, in the drop-down menu for Turn Off Monitor, select a time that you would like the monitor to stay on for. I suggest 1 hour.

Click the Apply button.

Click OK.

Job done. :)

xpxcreensaver_zpspykcbtbt.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users