Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer cannot start up properly.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ArkazW

ArkazW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:35 AM

Hi! So I created an account here after my computer started having a problem starting up normally. The moment I start it up normally, Windows will be able to start up but after awhile, the screen will just turn green. Can anyone try to help me solve this problem? I may not know much so I will require step by step help. Thanks in advance!

Edit:

I've already done a system restore and it still turns out the same way. I'm not very sure at this point in time if its a hardware problem or still a software problem. Please do help soon! Thanks in advance.

Edited by ArkazW, 16 August 2015 - 02:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

What does the screen show ? just green in colour or anything else.

Is this a desktop or laptop , if a desktop does it have a dedicated video card , if possible try the onboard connection at rear connectors and reboot and see if problem persists.

Or Try updating your video drivers and recheck your video cables / or another monitor to rule that out also.

Does it happen at random or are you specificly doing something like gaming ?

#3 ArkazW

ArkazW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:39 AM

The screen just randomly shows slashes of static across the screen and then after that it just goes blank

It is a desktop, and I'm not very sure if it has a dedicated video card or how to do any of the things you just said ><
It also used to happen randomly for a short period of time but then it would be able to run normally again. But it just got worse and now I can't even start up the computer without safe mode.

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

It could be the Monitor ? but you have to prove that by trying another PC or another Monitor to rule out each.

If you look at the cable that runs from the Monitor to the Video Card , their should be a Similar connector on the back panel of the motherboard connectors

see image below { K } - {L}, if it indeed does have one , if so try that and remove the Video card and see what then happens.

RYTVnN7.jpg

Try another Video card and another Cable if possible.

Edited by Havachat, 16 August 2015 - 04:15 AM.

#5 ArkazW

ArkazW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:17 AM

Hm... Okay, Ill try with both a different monitor and PC in the near future. If I still have problems, Ill try changing the video card and if that still doesn't work, Ill come back here for help. Thanks so far :)

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#6 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

Thats if you have those available to do the testing with and to rule out if and which may be faulty.

Any further issues just post back with any results and someone will assist you.

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2015 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users