Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very frustrated, I don't know what's going on, can anyone help?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

This problem has been reoccurring for around 4-5 days. I'll try to be as clear as possible to better help you, help me.

What happens - At random times my internet seems to freeze, what I mean is that when I try to open a webpage it will be stuck loading, on google chrome I have a message on the bottom left hand side of the screen that says "resolving host..." when this happens, I get no error message and the problem resolves itself after around two minutes, after two minutes I can browse again and have no problems until next time this happens, The next time I see this can be anywhere from 30 minutes to a day.

What's also strange is this seems to happen "Different" every-time, let me explain. So sometimes when this happens I cannot open Any pages at all, while other times I am able to open the page with the search results, but when I try to open a link from the results I get stuck loading and the resolving host message..

When this happens all my modem lights are on, and green as they should be as if I was connected.

When this happened last I opened "CMD" and typed in "ping www.google.com but got no messages, no "reply froms"

Other times I can not open any pages at all on Chrome, but when I try I.e the search results pages will load, but the search result page on chrome won't.

What I have tried to fix this issue this far -

• Reinstalling google chrome

• Restarting modem, as well as restarting PC.

• Ran a virus scan using McAfee, as well as a Malware scan using Malwarebytes which are both clean.

• I tried resetting my internet settings

My setup. I am on a desktop, using windows 8.1, I am connected to the internet using a wired connection directly to my modem with an Ethernet cable from my tower.

My ISP is optimum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Just adding I had a windows update that I didn't do, I just updated now. maybe that was the issue?

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

Press the Windows Button and "R" together and then type "cmd" and press enter.

In the black command window that opens type the follow 3 commands pressing enter after each one:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Reboot your computer and see if that helps.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Press the Windows Button and "R" together and then type "cmd" and press enter.

In the black command window that opens type the follow 3 commands pressing enter after each one:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Reboot your computer and see if that helps.

Doesn't you DNS cache get cleaned every reboot though?

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

It does as far as I am aware. But I have read that you may need to do it manually if you are experiencing problems.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

It does as far as I am aware. But I have read that you may need to do it manually if you are experiencing problems.

Really don't think that's the problem, I am able to use the internet and webpages load fine 99% of the time, is the problem was with the cache it would be all the time, not just 2-4 minutes a day.

But I did it anyway, we'll see.. 

Edited by Stefanosme3, 16 August 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

If that does not work you can enter the following URL in your Chrome browser:

"chrome://net-internals/#dns"

Then click the "Clear host cache" button.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

If that does not work you can enter the following URL in your Chrome browser:

"chrome://net-internals/#dns"

Then click the "Clear host cache" button.

Nither worked.. I went into event viewer and I noticed when this happens event view logs this. 

"Closing a UDP socket with local port number ***** in process **** is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products.  "

Source:AFD

Where I put "***" means random numbers, they are different every-time, perhaps this is connected somehow?

Edited by Stefanosme3, 18 August 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

The error message suggests that your network drivers may be the problem.

You could try the steps given here:

How do I fix network adapter problems?

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users