Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10. Hopefully the preferred OS for terrorists.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Article_86

Article_86

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

After reading the pinned post about the Win 10 Privacy Statement (abbreviated) ... I didn't have the patience to go through it all myself, and I'm sure that they count on that, I conclude that there is NO privacy ... at all.  This is Big Brother at his best.  Spying applications and a KEY LOGGER.  Are you kidding me?

- Art

Edited by Article_86, 15 August 2015 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,599 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

We already have a 12 pages long discussion thread on this matter. You are free to jump in if you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584522/by-downloading-windows-10-you-are-allowing-microsoft-to-spy-on-you/

To avoid confusion, I reported this thread to a Moderator to get it closed.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

Yes, that most definitely is what msft count on. The vast majority of windows users will NEVER have read a word of any privacy statement....be it for win 10 or any other version of windows for that matter.

It is about TRUST.

We (we as in the general population) actually have an expectation of "fair play" from those who are in a position to alter our daily lives.

I can hear the cry now...usually from those who are "locked" in their thoughts re win X....and are unable or unwilling to think outside of that particular square....."You should read the privacy statement and the legal mumbo jumbo of the eula etc etc "....then if you sill doint like it....you can rack off and go elsewhere.....we dont really care cause the majority of people just go click click click and we have got them !!!

We are not "allowed" to refer to the contents as 'spyware' ....because technically....(as one member here constantly tells us).....it is not spyware ......why?...'cause you gave all this power to us (msft) when you did the 'click" thing.

We are then reminded that the OS is free. How cowardly/unreasonable/ungrateful are we ???!!! ......in other words the use of a "guilt complex" plays a part as a 'marketing tool".....how quaint !

All over world life is lived by different people in different ways......however the "boss" in the family is usually the dad...sometimes the mum..sometimes a combination of the two. In the "bigger' world the boss is usually the parliament/police/corporation head etc etc....you get my drift. In ALL cases there is a presumption that the "boss" will not usurp the powers that have been vested in him/her/it.......and when that power is abused....then disintegration takes place.....sometimes over a very long period of time....but it takes place all the same.  Just ask any family that have been torn apart by dysfunction.

I ramble.

In short....I agree with Article_86

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:29 AM

Article_86 has left the building... :rip:

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

what a shame....he made a valid point here

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

I always have to wonder...what so many words by a banned member...literally have nothing to do with Win 10 performance, issues, or resolution of problems.  A SpeakEasy topic in the Win 10 forum, IMO.

This topic is closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users