Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware on Ipad when Using Chrome?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maniac83

maniac83

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

I've been told that Ipad's aren't affected by Malware but when using Chrome on the Ipad, I keep getting a pop for taking a survey to win a phone.  

I never click on the survey but it getting annoying and making me wonder if I'm infected with something worse.  Is this malware or something else?  Is there anyway to get rid of it?

It's an Ipad 4 using IOS 8 fully updated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

Hello maniac83!

Does this popup appear on every page? Have you downloaded apps from somewhere else other than Apple's App Store?

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 maniac83

maniac83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the reply.  It's very intermittent when it does pop up but never the same website and no I haven't downloaded apps from anywhere other than the app store which is why I'm baffled.   I'm running version 8.4.1.

I had the same thing happen on my laptop, same pop up, same message as being a survey from my internet provider (even my cell service provider when using my mobile hotspot service), but when I ran Malwarebytes on my laptop I no longer have the issue.

#4 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:20 AM

I suggest that you check your installed apps and check whether there are unwanted ones. Those popups could be normal popups on websites. Set your chrome to block popups and see if that helps.

Reason your laptop doesn't display them anymore could be Malicious Website Protection turned on in your Malwarebytes.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#5 maniac83

maniac83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

Thanks.  I will start with that and see where it takes me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users