Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change adminastrator account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

As the subject line sayes, how can i get my sons account off his old computer that was upgraded to Windows 10 and change it to my parents info. We will be giveing them my sons old computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hi cvos :)

You can simply create a new user account under Windows 10, and then make it Admin. Once done, you can delete the old user account (and userprofile) and then hand that computer to your parents.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224847/how-to-set-up-and-configure-user-accounts-on-windows-10/ - You can use either a Microsoft or Local account.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5464-user-account-delete-windows-10-a.html - This can be used to remove both a Microsoft or Local account.

If you have any questions, let me know :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Well I went and reset the computer from settings and chose remove everything that included users and files. Now after that I can not get the computer to boot windows. Says "inaccessible boot device". So what do I do now?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

Looks like the reset went wrong, can you try to reset it again and see if this time it goes throught?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users