Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound blaster 16 PNP no sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ship_kicker

ship_kicker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Hey,
This is my first post on this website. Anyway, I got an old gaming PC (a win95b Pentium 100 w/ 32mb ram). Well actually it was old govt property. But anyway, I installed a sound blaster vibra 16c card in it and the drivers loaded automatically. However there is no sound. The speakers are plugged into the spkr out jack and the volume is all the way up in windows. I am confused as to what I should do. I have troubleshooted the hell out of this thing. Nada. Thanks, -A

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

See if installing the standalone driver works. Go here. Pick your OS in the dropdown box. Instructions for installing are in the zip file.

#3 ship_kicker

ship_kicker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

John,

I looked at those.  The creative site does not seem to have the standalone driver, but rather windows 9x updated drivers.  I already tried them, however still no sound.  -A

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

There is a standalone driver under the 16 PCI archived product but I can't be sure it would work for Soundblaster 16.

See Post #12 here. Does sound work if you edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys files as shown?

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 August 2015 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users