Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Is there a tutorial on what to do?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 justme4now

justme4now

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

I quickly forced a shutdown but what do I do now? I did a search for a pinned post about bsod thinking maybe there is a set of steps one takes regardless of what may have caused it. I need my computer for work so this isn't just some idle question because I feel the need to tinker with electronics.
In my case it is caused by malware and it happened when I tried to remove it. I posted about it already but am not grtting any help. So now that my problem has progressed to bsod, can i get some pointers with that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Take a look at these directions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

If you wish to continue with BSOD diagnosis, let us know, and we can move this topic to the BSOD forum.

If you wish to pursue the malware angle, let us know that, and your topic can remain here.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 justme4now

justme4now
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

I looked at bsod instructions. It makes it sound as if i can just restart my computer and go online and download this file. What if things get worse? I do have malware installed. Shouldnt i try to get rid if it first? In the past three days things have only moved in one direction and that is down, from bad to worse. If YOU had malware installed which progressively goes deeper, what would YOU do?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

Lets have the people here clear you of potential malware. If they do, clear you of any malware issues. And you're still suffering from BSOD's. Then you can start a new topic in the BSOD forum and link back to this topic to say you've already dealt with potential malware and been cleared.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 justme4now

justme4now
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

It's not potential mqlware it is quite real. I even posted the link that shows the exact popup. I think i am just going to download spyhunter and let it do its thing.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Multiple topics, same issue.

Open topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586325/while-using-flash-player-chrome-froze-due-to-popup/ .