Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Grey screen immediately before log in, works perfectly in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pernythecat

Pernythecat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Hi folks. 

I've scoured the internet looking for an explanation but can't find anything.

It was working perfectly well, closed the cover, opened it again five minutes later and only grey screen.

Graphics are fine until log in screen and then everything is grey, I can hear the start up sounds though.

Booted it in safe mode and played around with resolution settings but didn't get much further than that. Got the screen replaced on it a few weeks back but no new software or issues with the new screen. 

It's an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC running windows 7. 

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

In Safe Mode, uninstall the Display Adapters by right clicking on them and selecting "Uninstall"

If it offers to uninstall the drivers, check that box.

Once that's done, reboot into normal mode to see if you can see the display.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users