Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi Driver (Limited Access) after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sky9928

Sky9928

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi, my friends have problem after she upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Driver still enable but every time connect using wifi always have limited access and can't connect internet. She is also have try other wifi connection and all have limited access. There is also system batch error before, but now doesn't show again. Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

What network adapter is your friend using? To find out do this:

Press Windows + X

Click Device Manager

Click the arrow beside Network Adapter

List all the adapters you see

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 Andy47a

Andy47a

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:39 AM

I am having a similar problem on a HP laptop using the Realtek RTL8732BE WiFi adapter keeps losing connection to the internet showing limited access. when doing checks the only issue seems to be that machine can not find DNS (all other machines on network working)

If I disconnect and then reconnect still showing limited internet access, the only way to get the connection working is to completely remove the WiFi adapter drivers and then reinstall the driver version 2023.4.0115.2015 doing this then allows access but you do lose the security settings.

At first I thought it was when adapter went into sleep mode? but after disabling feature, still loses internet access.

Is there an alternative driver version for Windows 10 or can the Windows 8.1 driver be used with Windows 10.

Any help would be useful I will keep on trying to find a solution and if I do I will post details here as this seems to be another undocumented feature of the upgrade  !!!!!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

I think you transposed the numbers and the chipset is RTL8723BE and not RTL8732BE. It seems that chipset still does not play well with Windows 10. See this Windows thread.

I could not find that chipset on Realtek's own website so it may be some kind of OEM chipset.

You may be better off getting a WIFI dongle that works with Windows 10.

#5 Andy47a

Andy47a

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

Yes sorry i did get the numbers transposed RTL8723BE is the Chipset since last reset seem to be OK ?? but it seems to work well for a few hour then dies, so I am going to give it 24 hours and then see the outcome I have updated all the firmware on the machine to the latest versions.

I will continue trying to solve but for me adding a dongle kinda defeats the objective?? I am sure that Bill will eventually get his finger out and get this issue fixed Eventually, when has MS very got it right first time?? 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Yes, Windows 10 may fix the issue with an update. If you can get by doing what you are currently doing to get it to work fine. But, if it becomes worse look at getting a wifi dongle. Sometimes that is the only way around the problem. If you look at this thread there have been quite a few wireless issues after upgrading.  This is for 8.1 but it should be relevent to 10. It may solve your issue. Pay special attention to 4 and 5. I would not try any of the steps unless your issue worsens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users