Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just the old Computer opens some pages slow problem

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 faller49

faller49

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

3.40 GHz

1 TB

8 GB

64 bit

IE 11

Hello.. not a computer expert here at all..

While there are other sites( MSN) that also are slow loading I will just go with Yahoo Sports.. It is getting slower and slower to load and to switch pages.. 30 seconds and more.. some complete hang ups.. notices that internet explorer had to close and re open the web page.. try to refresh and it might just throw a white blank screen up until you refresh again or close out and start over.. oh and the occasional script error

Now most sites and browsing is ok. but Yahoo... MSN.. and occasionally others are just not right..

Any ideas.. Thanks in advance..

Oh and I called Microsoft about this and had a long wait time so they took my number and said I would get a call back in 226 minutes... LOL... the call is now 125 minutes late so I suspect I will not be getting help from them..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

Im not a expert either but one option is to reset internet explorer to default settings.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

• Click Start
  • Type iexplore.exe -extoff in the Search programs and files box, then press Enter
  • Check the browser behavior

• Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry the delay in responding.. Life has it's issues..

I am going to post this for the experts to figure out..

I have done about everything mentioned here and that I could find on the internet as long as I felt safe in the procedures.. Nothing helped.... A lot of these proposed fixes involved checking and/or changing some settings..

Since nothing was working I decided to see what would happened if I reversed some settings.. .. on most I tried not much changed in a short run threw... Until this one...

open I.E.  right upper corner cog wheel (tools)..... safety..... ActiveX filtering.. And rather than uncheck or make sure it was unchecked as many suggestions wanted...  I put a check on it.. rebooted... and my problems were gone.. the sites and pages that were slow or would not load.. all the errors.... were gone.. pages load in the blink of an eye...  ( and I have done several back and fourths to verify the results)

SOOOO.. I know this is not the way it should be.. but it is... I have found two very unimportant to me issues of pages (or video) ( youtube and such work fine).. could not load unless I reversed that setting.... And I would guess that people that use their computer for different use's than myself may have more problems... but it is working for me until Microsoft decides to come up with a  better product or offer actual real help for their weak products..

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
    • 30,601 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

Don't let them fool you... it's all smoke and mirrors! :lmao:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

I tried to get Microsoft help.. I called their number... 800-642-7676 and was told I had a 90+ minute wait and would I like a call back... I said sure and got a message that said I would get a call back in 246 minutes.. finally after 504 minutes I got the call back... Talked with a fellow about my problems for a bit over 11 minutes and he finally said he could not help me because I did not have a Microsoft subscription............. Huh .. I said.. he repeated it and I asked what that meant.. He said he would get me somebody that would explain it to me.. I pleaded to please not put me on hold.. He said ..no .no.. it will just be a moment and he would remain on the line... BS.. he was gone I listened to several minutes of how the world would be all fixed with Microsoft 10... then a message of.. my que would be in approx. 70 minutes.. would I like a call back... :crazy:

now that is some smoke and mirrors right there.. :blush:

Edited by faller49, 17 August 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
    • 30,601 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

Have you tired a different browser?

Which version of IE are you running?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

When I had XP I used firefox and grew to like it.... 4 days ago I decided to try it again and loaded it.. it would not open  either of my mail programs and some other of my usual sits with varying error messages all pertaining to cookies or cookies not being allowed but my settings said cookies were allowed.... I looked on the net for help to no avail.. (a thyme here)..

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with same results.. I uninstalled it thinking  I already had problems.. did not need some more... This was before I came up with the ActiveX fix that should not be a fix..

IE 11 .. checked and updated many times in the last week or so..

Edited by faller49, 17 August 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#9 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Also I have done a couple McAfee full scans and a Malwarebits Pro scan

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
    • 30,601 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

Also I have done a couple McAfee full scans and a Malwarebits Pro scan

And????

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
    • 30,601 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

minitoolbox_zps7byuwkla.png

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
    • List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

#12 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

absolutely clean... I have Mcafee set to scan every Friday (besides the two full scans) but it was the first Malware scan of this computer and Malwarbytes has their pro version on a 15 day free trial so I used it and came up clean.. ( computer just became a year old)

#13 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Before I do any of you suggestions do you want me to leave AvtiveX filtering checked or un checked..

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
    • 30,601 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Either way it shouldn't affect what I've requested.

#15 faller49

faller49
    • Topic Starter

• Members
    • 13 posts
    •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NznV8AOICCjznTbEL4A3Hno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users