Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has Anyone Ever Heard of an "Internet/Browser Partition"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raifordgirl

raifordgirl

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

My computer started getting slow, speeds lower than 2 Mbps at times & I pay for 10 Mbps.  Additionally I would attempt to open my browser & get a message stating "page cannot be displayed", even though my router had all the lights on & blinking that should be & icon in bottom right corner of my monitor showed I had internet access.  I have had tech support from my ISP provider for the last two days, inside my computer & outside of my home checking wires, etc. & they have been unable to find any problems.  The tech that came today tested my DSL on his laptop & it worked great, hooked it up to my desktop & it the speed dropped dramatically.  It was taking approx. 1000ms to ping!  I am using IE11 & my OS is Windows  8.1 64 bit.  I installed Windows updates and it seems that's when I started having problems, especially with Adobe Flash Player but read in their forum that Windows put out a security update, (KB3087916), for 32 bit operating systems that was causing problems with error messages, etc.  I am getting those same error messages.  But I was told by the tech that he had seen this same problem one other time & that partitions had somehow installed in the browser and behaved like a firewall & that would cause connectivity issues as well as speed issues like I am experiencing because there is no consistency to either issue, its totally random.  So, if anyone has ever heard of this & can help me see if that is indeed my problem I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

Never heard of it. You can try resetting your browser. Have you tried another browser?

Reset IE:

Open IE and click on the gear looking icon> internet options or go to tools>internet options.

From internet options go to the advanced tab and click on the Reset... button and also select delete personal settings option- then cllick the reset button.

If that dosnt work then I would start a thread in the malware removal forum. Read this guide first and you can start at step 6.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 raifordgirl

raifordgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Thank you so much because my only other alternative was to back everything up to the cloud & reinstall the OS.  Hopefully this will fix my issue.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users