Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A VPN that doesn' look like a VPN?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 97hills

97hills

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Hi there, 

I've got an odd question but hoping someone can help. I need a VPN or proxy that looks like you're browsing from a normal home broadband connection. Does anyone offer this?! e.g. an IP lookup would look like you're accessing it from home rather than routing it through a VPN or Proxy service. Does anyone offer this?!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

Why would you want to do that makes no sense : (

#3 97hills

97hills
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

It's in order to play poker when I'm not in the UK. However, many of the poker websites have become very wary of anyone using a vpn service. So ideally I'm looking for something that looks completely normal. Setting up a computer in my flat then using Remote Desktop to access that is the only way I can think of right now. But it doesn't seem quite reliable enough so I was curious whether any company offered it?

#4 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:02 AM

Now that I know what the purpose is...

First option:
Set up your own VPN server or use remote control software, search Google/DuckDuckGo/Bing for more info.

Second option:
To have an IP that's not associated with a VPN you should take a VPN provider that gives you a dedicated (static) IP instead of a shared (dynamic) one. It's the most expensive option and not all VPN providers offer it. Dedicated (static) VPN's are mainly for business and corporate use.

Third option:
You could try VPN Gate. Most small "VPN Gate Providers" are home-connections and you can use OpenVPN.
It's free but the speed (lack of) could be a problem...

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#5 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

Also, using proxy startpage.com also called Ixquick has an advanced search option.  It allows you to point to a site, and say find your user name all in proxy.  So you can jump to their servers, and to your content. 

It’s really clean for the most part; the issue you have is VPN & Proxy block a lot of Java, and Flash content.  They also jack up the order of the CSS sheets in the webpages heading code.  But, I have had luck using some flash with it. 

Maybe it will work for you too?

Hope it helps

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#6 97hills

97hills
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look into them and let you know how I get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users