Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Explorer.exe crashes spontaneously Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 husbutt

husbutt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

I've been advised I would likely be better off starting a new topic so will now be doing that

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 tommybertsen

tommybertsen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hello. I am new here, and I just entered, cos I have the excact same problem with the TS. Same behaviour and did the same things. The WIndows Repair Program, did not help, I did most of the repairs, messed up my system even more, BUT my main problem , persists. I didn't buy the program , as I find it really expensive, but if I am surely sure that some tweaks will repair the problem , I will surely buy. 

Some of the tweaks can be done manually. I can't see much tweaks that can be related except the folder auto template discovery. And well , I did that. That didn't resolve my problem as well. 

I am running out of ideas. I couldn't understand what @Cking123 said above so I couldn't fix anything. 

If anyone, comes up with any ideas, I would be happy to hear! Thanx!

PS: I am going to format , if nothing comes up. Even if I know that the problem may rise up again some day  :idea:

#18 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

Hi tommybertsen

Let's have a minitoolbox log to help us:

MiniToolBox
Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop
Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select [ATTACH=CONFIG]16606[/ATTACH]Run as Administrator
Check the following options:
  • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices - Only Problems
Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete
Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#19 tommybertsen

tommybertsen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:15 AM

Hello. Thanx for the quick reply! I had some programs removed yesterday but nothing new happened, the problem persists. Here is the log file from the program you provided!

Spoiler

Edit: When I do a new user account (without ms account) , it logs in , and the problem goes away. But this isn't what I really want. It has to be set up all the way from the beggining. If it is the only way to get rid of this, I will set this new user account as my primary, I suppose...

Edit2: I copied my old user profile , to the new, just without the "ntuser" files, and everything is back to normal. I am really curious though, what is causing the problems!

Edited by tommybertsen, 13 November 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#20 oddjobhat

oddjobhat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

This problem has been bugging me for the last few days. I have tried everything out there and it still won't go away. Reinstalling windows is not a good option for me right now so I wrote an AutoIT script to mitigate the effects. Check the setting to launch explorer windows in a different process first. Then run the script below. It restarts the task bar process whenever it crashes while maintaining focus on whatever you were doing before. You still see the task bar blink every so often but it is a minor annoyance instead of a show stopper.

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
While 1 
If Not WinExists("Program Manager") Then 
$handle = WinGetHandle("") 
$sControl = ControlGetFocus($handle) 
WinSetOnTop($handle, "", $WINDOWS_ONTOP) 
WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_LOCK)
Run("explorer.exe") ; start the process
WinActivate($handle)
ControlFocus($handle, "", $sControl)
While NOT WinExists("Program Manager")
wend
WinActivate($handle)
ControlFocus($handle, "", $sControl)
WinSetOnTop($handle, "", $WINDOWS_NOONTOP)
WinSetState($handle, "", @SW_UNLOCK)
EndIf
Sleep (500) 

WEnd 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users