Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All of my Network Adapters die.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Explodinator

Mr_Explodinator

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

I've gone through 4 Network Adapters for my computer. I always use wired ethernet for internet access off my Vizio router. No other computers on the network have any issue.

About a year ago I started having problems where my internet would cut in and out 2 minutes online, 30 seconds off, for DAYS on end. It never just failed, it would do this and sometimes even stop disconnecting for weeks at a time. Then finally it got unbearable and I tried switching to the 2nd onboard Ethernet plug and Ta-da it worked just fine again for about 4 months, then I started having the same issue of disconnects and re-connects, so I decided to swap it back to the old port but it was still broken. This time I went and bought a PCI Network adapter from a local computer repair place and again it worked fine, for another 4 months, then it too fell victim to the same series of connecting and disconnecting. So again I went out and bought ANOTHER PCI network adapter this one made it just a few months and today I started having the same issue. I've tried using different ports in the router, I didn't really expect it to make a difference and so far it hasn't.

Has anyone else heard of such a problem, or would it be wiser for me to just buy a new motherboard and hope it solves the problem? 

My specs:

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz 44 °C
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55-UD5 (Socket 1156) 33 °C
Graphics
E233H (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (NVIDIA) 30 °C
Hard Drives
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-60M0A0 ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C
112GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SSD) 28 °C
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EURX-73C57Y0 ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS BC-06B1ST ATA Device
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Edited by Mr_Explodinator, 13 August 2015 - 04:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

So the only things that have remained constant besides the router is the Ethernet cable and the Motherboard?  I guess I'd start with a different eithernet cable.  This sure sounds like a strange one.

#3 Mr_Explodinator

Mr_Explodinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:15 PM

Yea, I've gotten some new hardware here and there, like I've gotten a new video card, RAM, and Hard drives since the problem began. Never thought to change the Ethernet cable, could that make a difference?

#4 Mr_Explodinator

Mr_Explodinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

Ok, I talked with a guru I trust in real life he told me to test all the pins on my ethernet cable on both sides because there could be a fault somewhere that's dumping current into my adapters. He also talked about coiled wires inside and outside the house causing issues with such and such, but I didn't fully understand how that was relevent to my issue, so I'm going to replace the ethernet cable and buy another $10 adapter and hope for the best. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users