· OS - Windows 10
· What was original installed OS on system?
Windows 8.1. I performed a fresh install after I noticed perfomance issues about 4-5 months ago.
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
Purchased from retailer.
· Age of system (hardware)
About 2-3 years differing from the parts I installed.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?
About 2-3 Months ago. Recently upgraded to Windows 10
AMD Processor FX-8350 Black Edition
· Video Card
GTX 970 FTW
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)
HEC Group 550W 80+ Bronze
· System Manufacturer - Custom Built
Before I did a reinstalled Win 8 on my desktop I noticed some performance drops and that it wasn't running at its full potential. I reinstalled and the computer ran smoothly while.. taking longer to boot for some reason. The blue screens were alot more frequent before upgrading to Win10. They mostly occured when running new high end games at high-ultra (I don't believe that graphical settings affected the cause as temperatures were not extremely high). Upgrading to Win 10 pretty much stopped the blue screens happening at random and now only occur when the computer is on for vast amounts of time. I did try to look into the issue but had no luck finding a solution. The two types of errors I've received at the blue screen are:
BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_ERROR (extremely frequent)
Edited by IntakeAG, 13 August 2015 - 01:30 PM.