Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_ERROR Win10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IntakeAG

IntakeAG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

· OS - Windows 10
· x64
· What was original installed OS on system?

Windows 8.1. I performed a fresh install after I noticed perfomance issues about 4-5 months ago.
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?

Purchased from retailer.
· Age of system (hardware)

About 2-3 years differing from the parts I installed.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?
   About 2-3 Months ago. Recently upgraded to Windows 10

· CPU

AMD Processor FX-8350 Black Edition

· Video Card

GTX 970 FTW
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)
  HEC Group 550W 80+ Bronze
· System Manufacturer - Custom Built

· Desktop

----------------------

Before I did a reinstalled Win 8 on my desktop I noticed some performance drops and that it wasn't running at its full potential. I reinstalled and the computer ran smoothly while.. taking longer to boot for some reason. The blue screens were alot more frequent before upgrading to Win10. They mostly occured when running new high end games at high-ultra (I don't believe that graphical settings affected the cause as temperatures were not extremely high). Upgrading to Win 10 pretty much stopped the blue screens happening at random and now only occur when the computer is on for vast amounts of time. I did try to look into the issue but had no luck finding a solution. The two types of errors I've received at the blue screen are:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (rarely)

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_ERROR (extremely frequent)

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by IntakeAG, 13 August 2015 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hi. . .

2 of the 3 dumps had bugcheck 0x101 -  "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" - CPU hang.  99.9% of the time, a 0x101 is pointing to hardware failure

The 3rd dump - bugcheck 0x1e (0xc0000005,,,) - "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" - kernel threw an exception; the exception = 0xc5 = memory access violation; the NT kernel was named as the probable cause.  It is not the true cause; it's merely a default listing.

You can try running Driver Verifier to see if any 3rd party drivers get flagged -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

But it appears to me that you likely have a bad CPU.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users