Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any tips/help on my first build !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 st-lows

st-lows

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hi guys ! 

i'm gonna build my first computer and i need your opinions.

I already got an SSD.

I'm hesitating between two build.

My budget is around 800$ (can go to 1k if its gonna last longer).

PC usage:

40% League of Legends

30% Browsing web (twicth, youtube, forums,...)

30% Latex, programming, excel, distance computer

i dont think i need to overclock

i5 4460 + GTX 960 : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WQYbgs

vs.

i3 4160 + 750 Ti : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w7RnvK

Or if you got anything better for me go for it !

Thanks guys,

st-lows

EDIT: What about an AMD CPU ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 st-lows

st-lows
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

oh and i live in Quebec, Canada, that is why its so expensive ! :P

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

Don't forget, you need a copy of Windows.  You cannot reuse your current one if it is a System Builder/OEM edition since it is tied to your motherboard.  I like the first build you link to.  I would suggest an Intel Skylake-based build, but I think that is a little bit out of your price range.

An AMD build may be little less expensive, but unless you already have an AMD system and are looking to upgrade that, you may see better performance with an i5.  The only exception I can think of is if you have a highly threaded program that favors physical cores over HyperThreading.

3939.png

#4 st-lows

st-lows
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

Don't forget, you need a copy of Windows.  You cannot reuse your current one if it is a System Builder/OEM edition since it is tied to your motherboard.  I like the first build you link to.  I would suggest an Intel Skylake-based build, but I think that is a little bit out of your price range.

An AMD build may be little less expensive, but unless you already have an AMD system and are looking to upgrade that, you may see better performance with an i5.  The only exception I can think of is if you have a highly threaded program that favors physical cores over HyperThreading.

Im gonna go for this build finally i think !

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/9hmB3C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users