Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Pop-up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 freddybob951

freddybob951

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

Today i got a strange message on my computer, i did some research and it seems to be a pop-up claiming that my PC is in critical health. I get this message:

A Problem has been detected and your PC has been stopped to prevent damage,

0x00009AF8 DRIVER_IRQL PENDING OPERATION

COMPUTER HEALTH IS CRITICAL

RESTARTING THE COMPUTER MAY CRASH YOUR SYSTEM DATA

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF86B5A89)

*** IRQL.SYS  -  Address F86B5A12 base at F85B6000,  TimeStamp 3dd9919eb

Beginning dump of physical memory...

Physical memory dump complete.

CONTACT MICROSOFT CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN

AT TOLL FREE: 1-855-715-7324

To immediately rectify issues and prevent data loss.

or you can press ESC key to quit this page at your own risk

Im pretty sure its some sort of malware, i contacted the number, and im 100% sure its a scam. They tell me to go do some support me and get remote access to my PC and say there is 1 time fee of $199, but there is no way im letting them do that. Im wondering how i can get rid of this? Someone please help?

Im using a Windows 8.1 HP Computer. Model No. 500-a60

Im currently running a full system scan on Bitdefender, trying to see if that gets anything

Edited by freddybob951, 13 August 2015 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ransomwolf

ransomwolf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

It's a scam: check this thread.

You did well not to fall for it. Do you keep getting the popup, or did it just appear once? In my case, I got it using a clean PC (no malware) while browsing a... somewhat dodgy site

Also, can you post the URL of the popup here, if you ever get it again?

Edited by ransomwolf, 13 August 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#3 freddybob951

freddybob951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

You did well not to fall for it. Do you keep getting the popup, or did it just appear once? In my case, I got it using a clean PC (no malware) while browsing a... somewhat dodgy site

Ive gotten the message about 5 times in the past 8 hours. I dont think ive gotten the message for about an hour and half now though. It is not a URL though, i had something on my computer that would make it pop up like a new process.I think i got rid of it it though. If my problem persists, i will say something

#4 ransomwolf

ransomwolf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Ive gotten the message about 5 times in the past 8 hours. I dont think ive gotten the message for about an hour and half now though. It is not a URL though, i had something on my computer that would make it pop up like a new process.I think i got rid of it it though. If my problem persists, i will say something

Alright.

Do the popup screens look like the ones this user has? (check pictures at the end of the post): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586084/bsod-error-screens/

They seem to be a new process, as you described (look at the taskbar).

Edited by ransomwolf, 13 August 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#5 freddybob951

freddybob951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Alright.

Do the popup screens look like the ones this user has? (check pictures at the end of the post): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586084/bsod-error-screens/

They seem to be a new process, as you described (look at the taskbar).

Yeah, it looks exactly like the first one, except my task bar doesnt show up, it goes fullscreen. I just press Escape to make it go away, but i still havent gotten anything. My Bitdefender scan finished after about 7-8 hours and there were 16 things it resolved. So it might be fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users