Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto runs program for start up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

It says in the program that each one of the programs will have have status of y or x  or u an so on assighn to it but i don,t see any of the letters i,m wondering where are they.  ty in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:25 AM

Hello,

The status is shown in Bleeping Computer's File Database. You will need to look up Autoruns entries in the database to see if they are good or bad.

Or you can post your Autoruns log in a separate topic and someone will be able to help.

#3 Mystery Miner

Mystery Miner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

I am new to this computer stuff, and to autoruns .  My question is after running Autoruns I get the list, but there are several different highlighted files.  Most notably yellow and pink. are they points of interest?

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi there,

Yellow lines in Autorun mean that the files those entries point to are gone (orphans). Pink lines mean that the destination files are not signed, which may or may not be an indicator that the entry is malicious.

#5 Mystery Miner

Mystery Miner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

Thank you,

Looks like I have some work to do then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users