Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SMART Hard Disk Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 siminu2

siminu2

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

Hope you can help.  Just replaced screen on hp Pavilion g7-1227nr Notebok.  When I turned it back on I got Smart Hard Disk error check has detected an imminent failure.

I have tried to back up my computer but get error at end of backup.  Not sure I have all info or not.

Please let me know what I need to do next.  I am so lost.

Thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hello,

This usually means that the hard drive is failing and about to die. Your best course of action is to copy the files over to another media ASAP, and replace the failing hard drive.

Since Windows Backup does not work, you might consider booting a live Linux CD and manually copy the files over to an external media (external hard drive or flash drive) to avoid straining the failing hard drive further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users