Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard power led flashes, fan spins but no display.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 percymapercent

percymapercent

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

Hi There

My name is Percy and am new to this forum.

I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop Computer, It has been given to me as a gift from a friend.

The first time i used it was operating perfectly until i decided to setup a new operating system, it was running Windows 7 Starter and so I decided to upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate.

I went to the BIOS Setup screen which prompted me for a password. i then decided to clear the CMOS to remove the password, unfortunately to my disappointment the PC refused to startup, the fans are spinning, the power LED keeps on repeating a flashing sequence and there isn't any sign of the PC working. I decided to test for bad components, so i replaced the CPU with an identical CPU but still no luck, I replaced the RAM but still no luck, I replaced the PSU and still, so I disconnected everything except the PSU, RAM and CPU but still the same thing happens.

I need the computer fixed but now I have gradually ran out of ideas, I really need help solving this issue.

Thank you in Advance.

PS. System Specifications;

Board:         Lenovo L-IG41M3

CPU:           Intel Celeron

HDD:           320 GB

DVD-ROM

2GB Ramaxel RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

What is the blink sequence?  Did you put the cmos flash jumper back on the original pins?  Does it beep at all or is there a speaker on the speaker pins to get any beep codes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users