Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will windows 10 run ok on my old laptop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zone out

Zone out

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hi.

I have an HP laptop running windows 7, it's about 5 years old, should Windows 10 run ok on it or will I have problems?

Forgot to mention 4 gig memory.

Edited by Zone out, 12 August 2015 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hi again Zone out :)

You can use the compatibility checker from the "Get Windows 10" app (it's called "Check your PC") to see if your laptop meets the requirements to run Windows 10, software and drivers wise. As for the requirements to run the system itself, you can find them in the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-10-specifications

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Zone out

Zone out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for the help Aura, both times.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

No problem Zone out, you're welcome :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users