Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 and Zenfolio

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 antoniuni

antoniuni

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

After I "upgradet" from 7 to 10 I am not able to upload photo's anymore in my Zenfolio-album.

After drawing the photos (as usual) it marks "uploading" but nothing happens further, even no notice; the whole lot is stuck.

I am now in discussion with Zenfolio for a couple of days but they cannot help me further I'm afraid.

Is it easy to go back to 7, because it all happend after my "upgrade" and my other computer (7) is downloading normal in Zenfolio.

I'm afraid that when I'm starting trying to go back to 7 I'll stick in a lot of problems!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101° N, 0.2906° W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Have a read HERE  

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hi,

On the computer you were attempting the Win7-->Win10 upgrade on, did it originally come with Win7 pre-loaded from the computer maker?  Or did it have Vista or XP and you upgraded to Win7 somewhere along the line?

It would be helpful to know the Make/Model of this computer and the approximate build year.

Cheers!

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

#4 antoniuni

antoniuni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

Thanks BIGBEARJEDI!

The computer has been built completely, i.o.w. it hasn't been bought from any computer-maker.

The Windows program (7) I bought legitimit complete with the uploadings-code about two years ago. So from clean I uploaded 7!

Never ever had problems. Funny is, that my old desktop, also Windows 7, isn't showing any problem with Zenfolio and Zenfolio just informed me that they were able to upload a photo in my site without problems. Conclusion...................

#5 antoniuni

antoniuni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

Thank you Condobloke, but I'm not able to handle what you was sending me! I am fairly considering to TRY to get my computer there where it was again: Windows 7, but I'm afraid that is sending me in deep troubles!

#6 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Thanks BIGBEARJEDI!

The computer has been built completely, i.o.w. it hasn't been bought from any computer-maker.

The Windows program (7) I bought legitimit complete with the uploadings-code about two years ago. So from clean I uploaded 7!

Never ever had problems. Funny is, that my old desktop, also Windows 7, isn't showing any problem with Zenfolio and Zenfolio just informed me that they were able to upload a photo in my site without problems. Conclusion...................

You're welcome!  Well, it sounds like it's a legit upgrade on modern hardware (2009 and later), so who knows??  I agree it's odd it worked on your other computer.  It's possible that you might have a failing hard drive, even though the rest of the Win10 upgrade completed and worked.  I might suggest you download the free SEATOOLS drive diagnostic from seagate.com and test your hard drive.  Ensure that you run BOTH short and long tests.  Long test may take 18-24 hrs. if 1TB or larger; be aware.  If SEATOOLS reports any errors, replace the drive and repeat the Win10 upgrade and see if your problem abates.

Best of luck, :clapping:

<<<BBJ>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 12 August 2015 - 09:55 PM.

#7 antoniuni

antoniuni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

Thanks BIGBEARJEDI!

Also the funny thing is that all other sites like Twitter for example are working normal. The weak point from 10 is that's very slow starting. I'll do what you suggested.

#8 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:48 PM

You're welcome!  Glad to help.  Interesting.  I've found the Win10 Tech preview versions to be just the opposite; blazing fast.  On my 8 year old test PC (Dell Dimension E520), it went from like 4 minutes boot time (power on to Internet browser home page), to under 2 minutes!!  This was consistant from test builds of Win10 from Sep.2014 to Apr. 2015.  So, I guess it's relative.  If you have a bunch of junkware or malware (viruses) floating around on your Win7 prior to the upgrade, that might be affecting the boot time.  Have you actually timed it:  in minutes & seconds??  Modern computers built 2009 better darn well have a boot time less than 5 min. or they need servicing!!  Some people feel that 3 min. or 4 min. is hideously slow on Win7 or Win8 and that is dramatically improved by upgrading to 10.  It's all relative.  Many folks on the forums I visit seem to feel that 3 min. is really slow if they have a newer computer (say Win8/8.1) that's much faster. 

I might suggest you download malwarebytes free from malwarebytes.com and scan for spyware viruses, and download free JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) to get rid of your junkware.  Retest your boot time with a stopwatch and see if you can improve it.  Most of the computers I get from Customers with Win7 or Win8/8.1 I'm able to get under 3 min.  2 min. is a good goal, but that varies a whole lot from computer to computer.  For example, last week, I was able to get a Win8.1 ASUS laptop to get under 1 min. boot time.  Very zippy.  The Win10 TP's are from just under 1 min. to about 2 min. tops. 

Best of luck and look forward to hearing back from you.

<<<BBJ>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 12 August 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#9 antoniuni

antoniuni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

provisional answer: Zenfolio sent me an mail to try to upload not through "drag and drop" but to choose the photo(s) manually and that works!

Their answer: "We have found that this uploader is better able to handle some internet connection issues during uploading." Well, it's NOT possible to deep further concerning "our" Internet (in Thailand).

It means that Windows 10 is (can) delai the (already) very bad Internet in Thailand.

This is in the town-center.

Attached Files

Edited by antoniuni, 13 August 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#10 antoniuni

antoniuni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

OK, that keeps working!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users