Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello & Thank You All

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caramello222

Caramello222

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hello to all and thank you for this website. I know you are all volunteers so I'll make this short. I don't know a lot about computers especially my HP Pavilion 20 that came with WIN 8 and I upgraded to WIN 8.1 which is why I've joined this site. I'm looking to get rid of malware (don't worry I know that's a separate thread in a separate forum) but more importantly I'm here to learn the basics of my computer, like a PC 101 class. I also joined so I can keep up to date with the latest scams and infections going around. I know when it comes to internet safety there are no guarantees because everything is not in the users control. But I figure if I put in some time to learn the basics and pair that with staying current on internet threats, I'll stay afloat longer than the average. Especially since I've been told by 2 resources that I trust (Microsoft and MalwareTips communities) that this is the place to be if your looking for knowledge and removal because you guys usually found out about stuff before everyone else. So I thank you all for your time, brains, and most importantly your patient. Especially when it comes to assisting someone like me that lacks "know how", which I know can turn into a hair pulling and head banging experience, lol. So I truly thank you all and may many blessings come your way as you have blessed us all with the giving of yourselves.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Hi Caramello222,
Warm :welcome: to our community. :)
Hope you will have a nice experience here.

Good luck! :thumbsup2:
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users