· OS - Windows 10
· Orignally Vista then Windows 8
· Full retail PRO version
· 7 years
· I've installed Windows 10 a week ago
· cpu - Core 2 Duo e8500
· gpu - nvidia geforce 970 gtx
· motherboard - asus striker 2 formula
· Power Supply - thermaltake toughpower 1500W
Recently i've updated my pc to Windows 10 and now my it keeps crashing/hanging quite often (at least once every 4-5 hours), only while im in game (maybe its luck or maybe its CPU/GPU load).
Basically the "shutdown sound" plays, my game freezes, my monitor goes black, my keyboard switches off but apparently the pc continues working since i can hear teamspeak (for example) in the background. Nothing else works and the only thing i can do is hard reboot. Unfortunately because of that no minidump is created, nothing is mentioned in windows event journal (except unexpected shutdown) and i have no idea what is happening or why. Its almost as if PC switches off videocard and monitor and all peripherals but doesn't reboot.
I've tried running SysnativeBSODCollectionApp but it gets stuck on "waiting for system information". It did create some files which i zipped up and included along with perfmon report.
I've run several hdd tests (crystal disk info, hdd tune pro, acronis disk doctor, western digital hdd tool) and 2 of those (crystal disk and hdd tune pro) showed 1 bad sector in non system drive while the other two showed healthy/fine disks. My system is on ssd drive which is healthy according to all 4 tests.
I've also tested RAM on memtest86 and it did not found any errors in one full pass. And i am running driver verifier with no BSOD so far.
Right now i believe that the culprit might be bad video cards drivers (there was only one driver release for windows 10) or some interactions between software and hardware under Windows 10.
Im not sure what to do next. Im in a process of upgrading my pc with Skylake cpu, new pcu, new ram and motherboard but i really want to know whether the issue is with my drives, my video card or my windows since i want to keep all 3 of those.
Additionally i've encountered some other issues after updating to Windows 10 which might or might not be related to the issue above:
1) Audio in flash/youtube videos sometimes stutters. Skipping to another fragment and back or reloading the page fixes the issue. This never happened before and im assuming could be related to graphics drivers.
2) Some software like lcdhost, logitech gaming software, aida64 behaves strangely - sometimes applications hang, sometimes they do not load, sometimes they unload. I've actually had one BSOD 4 days ago related to AIDA64 which produced minidump but it seems to have been fixed with the beta release.
3) Windows event journal mentions some issues with winnit and service control manager/_session1.
Edited by Aurelis, 13 August 2015 - 01:39 PM.