Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS Laptop - Can eSupport folder be archived?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

System:
ASUS Notebook K52F
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
Processor Intel Core i3, M370 @ 2.40GHz
4GB memory
C drive: 94 GB used, 23 GB free
D drive: 34GB used, 295 GB free

The folder   C:\eSupport   is 2.59GB and contains 2 sub-folders: eDriver and Manual. Can I archive this folder structure by either moving it to the D drive or moving it to an external hard drive in order to free up space on C? If so, are there any specific actions I need to take to ensure that after the folder move, the laptop will still operate properly? Or can I just move the folder off the C drive and not be concerned about the laptop operation?
If I ever need to repair Windows 7 do I first need to copy the eSupport folder structure back into C?
Is there anything else I should be concerned with?

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

No need to copy esupport folder again when you reinstalling windows. Its content files of maual how to deal with asus laptop as user manual and other windows fincation. By default system default files not visible to everyone. If you really need space then simply cut paste to other drive or delete the folder.

We recomended that you kept this folder its only 2GB of space and you still have 23GB free in C drive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users