Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Fresh Install

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 younggunner

younggunner

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

I would like to do a fresh install of windows, i just upgraded to windows 10, from 8.1. My problems is that i want to do a fresh install without all the pre installed applications, but i dont have a windows 10 install disc. Can someone please help.

Incase you need the model # it is a Dell Inspiron-15 3542.

Thank You in Advanced

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

Hi younggunner :)

I think that the Windows 10 RTM .iso will come with preinstalled apps from the Store, so you'll have to remove them manually after the installation. Not sure too, it has yet to be confirmed.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hi younggunner :)

I think that the Windows 10 RTM .iso will come with preinstalled apps from the Store, so you'll have to remove them manually after the installation. Not sure too, it has yet to be confirmed.

The ISO has zero preinstalled apps from the Windows store. When you first do a clean install with the ISO, and then look into your program list, it has absolutely zero preinstalled programs. You customize it the way you want. 

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Programs aren't the same as Windows Apps Rocky.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Programs aren't the same as Windows Apps Rocky.

You are absolutely correct. We have been having a philosophical discussion about this on another forum and it seems that the two words are blurred, but there is still a fine distinction.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, some people don't fully understand the distinction between "programs" and "apps" but it's in fact really simple. Any program that is installed from outside the App Store via an installer (.exe, .msi, etc.) is a "program". Everything that is installed from the Windows Store is an "app". Simple as that.

unite_blue.png

#8 younggunner

younggunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

Sorry i am late to replying to this post, but i was able to do a reset and, just reinstall windows files.

but thanks for all the help

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,537 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:01 AM

All good younggunner :) Thanks for updating us on the situation!

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users