Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win8 Partition Problem (D/: Drive corrupt, maybe)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xaberx

xaberx

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

My father bought me this ASUS A455L series laptop (so, it's still new and still w/ guarantee ofc)

My laptop really lags and can't copy some files at that time.
So, I tried formatting my laptop (2 times already), installing a newer driver version from the net, and tried other stuffs.
After doing some research,

I think the problem lies with Programs that I installed at D: partition, it usually lags or crashes. The programs I installed at C: didn't lag at all.
So, I think there are some problem with the partition thing.

Solution? or any suggestion? (I can't use the guarantee because I need to pinpoint at a specific "non-software" problem first, idk what's broken)

Laptop Spec:

Spoiler

Edited by xaberx, 12 August 2015 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

From a look at what you've first posted, I'd have to suspect the memory.

Systems with only 2 gB of RAM are very slow - especially after loading them up with the programs that you like.

The first step is to watch what's loading. 

Make sure to only run one program at a time.

Check in the More details...Startup tab of Task Manager to see what's starting when Windows starts.  Disable those things that you don't need.

Beyond that, let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 xaberx

xaberx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Sry for my late reply,

When I tried to use apps from D:/ partition, it always lags. (it only lags and freezes, no random shutdowns)

But, it didn't happen when I tried the same app that I installed in C:/ partition.

So, I'm not sure if it's just RAM problem.

Attached File  Admin.zip   121.09KB   3 downloadsAttached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   332.17KB   0 downloads

I attached the .rar files here,

Thx

Added Information :

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by xaberx, 15 August 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

It may not be the memory, but it still bears checking out.
I'm late for work, but will be working on this when I get home from work today (in about 8-9 hours).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 xaberx

xaberx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

maybe this ( Attached File  HARDISK PROBLEM.png   526.89KB   0 downloads ) is related ?

I just got this pop up.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

THAT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

Backup your data immediately - DO NOT even turn the computer on until you're ready to backup.

Each use of the computer lessens the time that it has left before it completely fails.
And, if it completely fails, it can cost up to $2000 (US) to recover your data.

Once you've backed it up, then run these free hard drive diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

If the drive is dying, you'll need to purchase another hard drive (unless this one is under warranty)

If it's under warranty, contact the service center that will service the system and ask them what their procedure is.

Also ask them if they supply the Operating System (or if it's included on the replacement hard drive).

If not, you'll also need a set of recovery disks or a recovery drive - the manufacturer can provide those (contact them through their support channels).

As this is most likely a pirated copy of Windows, it'll be to your advantage to get a legitimate copy from the manufacturer of your system.

In general, you need to copy/save your Users folder in order to backup your data.  There'll be a lot of extra stuff in there, but it's the easiest way to backup nearly all of your data.

If there is data stored elsewhere, you'll need to research each of the programs that store data.  Mainstream programs (like Office, Quickbooks, etc) all store their files in the User folder - it's only small, non-standard applications that store them elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users