Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpywareBlaster Firefox browser protection status disabled.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

Hi

For the past month or so every time I shut down the computer, the SpywareBlaster Firefox browser protection status get disabled, requiring enabling with each restart.

It never did that before and not such an issue with IE and Chrome.

KQbmZt9.jpg

Anybody know how to fix it?

Regards.

VS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:48 AM

Yesterday, I booted into Windows to update it and other programs. One was Spyware Blaster. I accepted a new version of SB as well as updates for it.

I didn't notice if it was able to enable all protection or not. I also had an update for Firefox to Firefox 40. I'm using Windows 7.

Check to see if you have the latest release for SB and Firefox 40.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

You should check in Firefox to see if when you shut down Firefox if you are deleting ALL cookies. That could be what is happening. I think that all Spyware Blaster

protection does in Firefox is add a lot of blocked 3rd Party cookies into it.

Edited by buddy215, 12 August 2015 - 05:03 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

Yesterday, I booted into Windows to update it and other programs. One was Spyware Blaster. I accepted a new version of SB as well as updates for it.

I didn't notice if it was able to enable all protection or not. I also had an update for Firefox to Firefox 40. I'm using Windows 7.

Check to see if you have the latest release for SB and Firefox 40.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have the latest FF version. Also uninstalled SB and installed it again (latest version).

I have CryptoPrevent setting to Maximum Protection + which require to be disabled for uninstalling and installing most programs.

Did that and the issue went away, to return once I enabled CP Maximum protection + again.

Got to check with the other protection CP settings. 

I'll keep you posted.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

I'm not up on what CryptoPrevent does.

Another thought is that if you have a program such as CCleaner running at startup and cleaning it will remove ALL cookies unless you change its settings.

Deleting those 3rd Party cookies put there by SB in Firefox is what I think is happening. It really is no biggie. You can block ALL third Party cookies from

installing in Firefox without using SB. Those are ad and tracking cookies.

#6 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

You should check in Firefox to see if when you shut down Firefox if you are deleting ALL cookies. That could be what is happening. I think that all Spyware Blaster

protection does in Firefox is add a lot of blocked 3rd Party cookies into it.

Yes FF is set to delete all cookies on exit, also to never accept 3rd party ones.

Just played around with CryptoPrevent protection settings. The only level that wont interfere with SB are the Basic-Original rules.

It appears that If I wish to use the best protection that CP can offer and SB, I will have to manually enable FF browser protection each time I restart my computer.

#7 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

What surprise me is that I never had any problem before, It just started recently.

Been running CP and SB together for long time.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

Really no need to be concerned as you say you have blocked ALL third party cookies and delete ALL cookies at shutdown of Firefox as well.

I would just not bother with SB as far as Firefox is concerned.

#9 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

buddy215

OK then, if I understand you correctly, my FF privacy settings are doing the same job as SB browser protection setting are doing.

So I shall not worry.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

:)

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,615 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

That is exactly what I am saying...you are welcome...happy surfin'

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:53 AM

I use CryptoPrevent's default setting without any issues and have had it installed with FF and SB since it was released.

If you believe other levels are interfering, you can ask the developer a question, report an issue or suggestion at the CryptoPrevent Community Forums. If using the paid version, you also have the option to use the Support Portal.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#12 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

I use CryptoPrevent's default setting without any issues and have had it installed with FF and SB since it was released.

If you believe other levels are interfering, you can ask the developer a question, report an issue or suggestion at the CryptoPrevent Community Forums. If using the paid version, you also have the option to use the Support Portal.

Hi

Only CP Basic-Original settings rules are not disabling FF protection on SB. The default set and forget rules and the other two maximum  rules setting  do.

Did try to sign up on CryptoPrevent forums without success. Unsuccessful with Support Portal too.  Sent an email to Foolish IT with the issue, not quite sure what the outcome of that will be.

Thank you very much.

VS

Edited by VecchioScarpone, 12 August 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,593 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

The default set and forget rules is what I have on three different machines and as I said there have been no problems for me.

Hopefully they will reply to the email and get back with an answer.

Another option is to call: (844) 311-3665

#14 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

The default set and forget rules is what I have on three different machines and as I said there have been no problems for me.

Hopefully they will reply to the email and get back with an answer.

Another option is to call: (844) 311-3665

Good that it still work for you, I should be able to get it working smoothly again with perseverance. 

But no phone calls my friend, not from Down Under (Australia) where I live  :lol: .

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,593 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

But no phone calls my friend, not from Down Under (Australia) where I live  :lol: .

Then carrier pigeons are out too. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users