Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop reboot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 knight209

knight209

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hello,

I just downloaded windows 10 and it went smooth. I signed in and then my desktop wont load and it locks me out of everything.  I tried auto repair  but no help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

G'day knight209, and Welcome to BC

Tell me about "auto repair"

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

You need to specify what exact problem you face. in details also provide information about system configuration first

#4 knight209

knight209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

well  I went from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have a Toshiba satellite laptop. touch screen.  I upgraded to windows 10 and everything was smooth. I input my password to login and then my screen stated to flicker and it wonted load any of my desktop icons or let me acces anything on my desk top. I have to go through task manager to acces the internet or any other file. auto repair is a funntion that tries to fix any errors or bugs in your machine that it can detect.

#5 knight209

knight209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

Toshiba laptop, satellite NB15t-A, processer intel Celeron cpu N2810 @ 2.00 GHz, RAM 3.88GB, 64 Bit Operating system

#6 Jtiger360

Jtiger360

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:54 AM

Can you boot into Safe mode?

A+ Certified

Edited by Jtiger360, 17 August 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#7 knight209

knight209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

yes

#8 Jtiger360

Jtiger360

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

yes

Go to settings then go to Recovery. then  click Refresh Windows. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

(The link works for Windows 10 as well)

Make sure to back-up your files first and when windows ask if you want keep files say no, since you got a backup. After the refresh you will have a fresh Windows install, but you have to copy your files back and reinstall all your apps and programs.

A+ Cerified

Edited by Jtiger360, 17 August 2015 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users