Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Business Card/Logo Design

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

I have some pictures I'd like to use for creating a Business Card, Flyer, and Logo for my side IT business. However, I only the basics for editing photos with Adobe Photoshop CS6. What I need to know is what is a good size for each task as a canvas size. I have an idea of how I'd like everything to look so maybe if someone with more experience with this than me would like to volunteer their services, I'd be very greatful.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

On the Business card I make the canvas size about 10 times bigger than the card size 

For example a business card measures 3.5"x2" so it would be 35"x20"

That is just for working when you are done you can resize it to proper card size for the printer.

Or not resize it and the printer can use it.

For my flyer I use 8.5"x11"

then it will print on regular paper

Or you can landscape it and put 2 or 4 to a page and cut them out.

The logo I use is a 200x200px

On your idea 

throw it out there

The more info thed better

Someone will probably come up with something.

I am going on vacation for the next few days so I might not get back to it but there are some skillful graphics people in here

#3 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

Thanks alot Martel I really appreciate the help.

I have a picture of a globe with binary code in a ring around it and a padlock around the code I was hoping to use as a logo where I would add my company name to it somewhere for the flyer and maybe the business card depending on how it looks.

For the flyer I was thinking of using my logo described above and another image of sillouettes of a group of people made out of blue binary to represent the social engineering side of cyber security.

If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

I have a BFF that is really talented with image editing / drawing / and manipulation he frequents this reddit site often ... you may get some help and assistance from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users