Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Memory constantly increasing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thatguyneedshelp

thatguyneedshelp

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:43 AM

Hello!  My work PC running Windows 7 Pro is reporting the main drive is almost at capacity.  This machine has close to 1 Tb of memory and I am currently showing 12G "Free"

Even after running dick cleanup (which reported close to 8G of freeable space) the total "Used" increased instead of decreasing.

Please help and thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

It could be that you've got hidden files in your partition. You've gotta clean it up. Just don't know how.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then right click on Computer.

Click on Properties, then click on System Protection in the upper left pane.

Highlight C if it ins't already, click on Configure.

It the Disk Space Usage and Current Usage, does the amount correspond to the space you are missing?

If it does then this space is being used by restore points.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 thatguyneedshelp

thatguyneedshelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then right click on Computer.

Click on Properties, then click on System Protection in the upper left pane.

Highlight C if it ins't already, click on Configure.

It the Disk Space Usage and Current Usage, does the amount correspond to the space you are missing?

If it does then this space is being used by restore points.

System Protection is turned off for c:

As for how much space do I feel like I'm missing; With a Tb to work with at most this PC should only be carrying currently around 25Gigs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users