Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

plagued by multiple bsods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zrlo

zrlo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

First and foremost i would like to say thank you to anybody who is taking time read this and please forgive me if I'm not being clear enough or if there's a few spelling errors. I'm on my phone at the moment because if i tried doing this on my computer i would most likely face a blue screen before i finish. Anyway I've been plagued with random blue screens for the last couple months now. I'm running on an older desktop that was given to me by my uncle a few years ago. It has been working fine up until recently. Dell Optiplex 745. I'm not sure which specs to include so sorry for not doing so. I can't be bothered to turn it on at the moment anyway. The blue screens I've encountered are never just one of a kind but multiple. Memory_ management, irql not less or equal (I think that's what it was), pfn list corrupt, page fault in non paged area, and I believe another said cache management. I'm sorry for not remembering the names correctly or if I messed them up. There's been more too I believe but at the moment I cannot remember their names. I will add them to this post at a later time if needed when I next encounter them. Anyway I've done a decent amount of research and from the information I have gathered, it's a memory or driver issue. I've ordered new ram which arrived yesterday and inserted it but it has changed nothing. I've gotten the memory management bsod as well as the others I've listed since then. So I basically have eliminated faulty ram from the equation. But uh yeah I'm not quite sure what else to say. It's a very old computer and I would love to upgrade to something new but at this time I'm strapped for cash and can't be bothered to but at the same time I am in desperate need for a computer. I'm really not sure what else to do so I am all ears for any suggestions. Also, I forgot to mention it's windows 7 despite being so old. Anyway sorry for cutting it short but i must go. I hope somebody here can help point out what's wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Please start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 zrlo

zrlo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Please start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com//t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

I'm sorry this may seem stupid but how do I download? I've clicked several blue text links and I'm still not sure how..

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

The page that I directed you to is just a page of links and suggestions.
I've been hit by take-down notices from some of the programs' owners - so I can no longer host their files.

The tests you'll be going to with the links will have instructions.

Just follow them line-by-line - and if you have any questions about a line, just post back here for clarification

As for the actual tests, please start at this paragraph:

[quote]
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (also located at this link:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html ).  They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:
H/W Diagnostics:

And then proceed line-by-line, clicking on the links and following the directions at the link.

As for the other link (the information that we need), just follow it Step by step and you'll be able to generate the reports that we need.

If still unable to generate the reports, then do this:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. 

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

When done, zip them all up and upload them with your next post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users